Trump Floats Possibility of Seizing Iran’s Enriched Uranium as Experts Warn of Dangerous Mission

Washington (HRNW)- US President Donald Trump has expressed the possibility of capturing Iran’s stored enriched uranium, however, defense experts have described any US military mission of this kind as extremely dangerous and practically impossible.

According to foreign media reports, President Trump says that Iran’s 60% enriched uranium is stored very deep underground and is not easy to obtain, but despite this, the US administration is considering various options in this regard.

According to researchers and international sources, at the beginning of the war that began on February 28, Iran had about 440 kilograms of uranium enriched to 60%, which can easily be increased to 90% to weapons quality. In addition, Iran has about 1,000 kilograms of uranium enriched to 20% and about 8,500 kilograms enriched to 3.6%.

According to defense experts, most of Iran’s highly enriched uranium is stored in an underground facility in Isfahan province, which is among the three major Iranian underground nuclear sites that were targeted in US and Israeli air strikes last year.

Experts said that Iran has recently strengthened its underground facilities. All the entrances to the tunnels in Isfahan have been blocked with dirt and debris, which would require heavy machinery for any ground military operation. According to defense experts, in such conditions, with the threat of possible Iranian retaliation, it would be not only extremely difficult, but also impossible for the US military to storm a secret nuclear facility.

Defense analysts say that such statements could further increase tensions in the region, while in practice seizing Iran’s enriched uranium could prove to be a very complex and dangerous military operation.

Support independent journalism and humanitarian reporting — Donate here:
https://www.hrnww.com/donate-us/

Loading